Senior Associate Attorney 5+ Years of Experience
San Diego, California
INTEGRITY. INNOVATION. INSIGHT.
Built on the Tradition of Exceeding Client Expectations.
Koeller Nebeker Carlson & Haluck LLP, a downtown San Diego law firm, is seeking an Associate Attorney with over 5 years of legal experience, particularly in the areas of complex civil litigation, construction, and personal injury matters. If you are an experienced, self-motivated individual who can communicate effortlessly with clients, counsel and courts, then we want you.
Koeller Nebeker Carlson & Haluck, LLP is committed to equal opportunity employment. We welcome talented individuals with diverse areas of expertise and points of view to join our team. KNCH is dedicated to fostering an environment that embraces differences, promotes equality, and engenders mutual respect, thereby creating a culture of inclusion where everyone has the opportunity to excel.
- Independent case evaluation, recommendation, and support skills.
- Communicate with client and counsel and senior managing partner.
- Strategize, recommend and then propound and respond to discovery.
- Perform legal research, draft memoranda and supervise more junior attorneys as to same.
- Draft complaints, motions, and other pleadings and documents.
- Evaluate, draft and argue dispositive motions.
- Prepare for, take, and defend depositions of percipient, party and expert witnesses.
- Prepare for and attend court hearings.
- Prepare for and attend mediation.
- Supervise junior attorney and paralegal staff in preparation for trial and arbitration.
- Provide excellent service to all clients.
- Become familiar with and comply with billing and reporting requirements of the Firm, client and insurance carriers.
- Five or more years of civil litigation experience.
- In good standing with the California State Bar; licensure in other states a plus.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Strong oral advocacy skills and familiarity with rules of evidence.
- Ability to work independently and to multitask while demonstrating strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- General familiarity with courts, E-Filing, Excel, Word, IManage, Outlook, Serengeti Tracker, Time Matters, and PowerPoint.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (First of the month following 30 days of full‐time employment)
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Disability (STD & LTD)
- 401K plan
- Paid Time Off
- 10-11 Paid Holidays
Please provide a resume, cover letter and writing sample.